Fwd: Re: HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Mar 8: FHIR RDF examples on the HL7 github site

[Forwarded with Grahame's permission]

Here is some input from Grahame for tomorrow's teleconference.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:  Re: HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Mar 8: FHIR RDF examples on the HL7
github site
Date:  Tue, 15 Mar 2016 09:46:13 +1100
From:  Grahame Grieve <grahame@healthintersections.com.au>
To:  Anthony Mallia <amallia@edmondsci.com>
CC:  David Booth <david@dbooth.org>

hi Tony, David

I'll miss the call tomorrow, but I'd like this discussed. I know that I
haven't get this right, but Tony's scheme is confusing for me. In my
view, there are two circumstances:

- the resource has a known absolute identity. In which case, the
identity should be the absolute URL. Tony says "Make the complete
identity qualified by the base/type:" but that's not necessarily the
same thing (it often is, but not always).

- the resource is anonymous. This arises for various transient resources
(no persistence), resources that are not yet persisted, or resources
whose correct identity is indeterminate (unhomed relative references;
doesn't arise all that often, and is painful, but may happen). I think
that's what Tony is getting at, but I'm not sure - the thing is even
'example' is not available in this case. Anyway, what I want to know is
what the right way is to represent anonymous resources (I know how to
represent anonymous aggregated things, but not anonymous root values)

Grahame

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 2:23 AM, Anthony Mallia <amallia@edmondsci.com