From:   David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
To:     Marc Twagirumukiza/AXPZC/AGFA@AGFA, amallia@edmondsci.com
Cc:     "its@lists.hl7.org" <its@lists.HL7.org>, w3c semweb HCLS
<public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Date:   19/05/2015 15:31
Subject:        Re: New side by side FHIR RDF comparison

Hi Marc,

On 05/19/2015 05:00 AM, Marc Twagirumukiza wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Thanks sharing this new version. I was wondering if we should always add
> datatypes.
> f.eg on page 26-27-28:
>
> .coding [
>          fhir:Coding.system [fhir:value
> “http://example.org/local”^^xsd:string  ] ;
>          fhir:Coding.code [fhir:value "admin"^^xsd:string  ] ;
>          fhir:Coding.display [fhir:value "Admin"^^xsd:string  ] ;
>          ];
>
> If we do that in all places we will be compliant with the fixed
> requirements
> :
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ontology_Requirements#9._Datatype_IRIs

In Turtle 1.1 the default is now xsd:string.  The following two
statements have exactly the same meaning:

   [] fhir:value "admin" .
   [] fhir:value "admin"^^xsd:string .

See
http://www.w3.org/TR/turtle/#h4_turtle-literals

  "If there is no datatype IRI and no language tag, the datatype is
xsd:string."

David Booth

http://wiki.hl7.org/images/2/25/FHIR_RDF_Sample_side_by_side_comparisons.pdf

http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=File:FHIR_RDF_Sample_side_by_side_comparisons.pdf