Re: RDF information content and FHIR RDF requirement #14

Well, there's 2 kinds of rdf representation. One is a statement of instance
structure in rdf, and one is a statement of instance meaning. I'm not sure
how to best describe the difference. Actually. I'm not sure whether there's
only one of the latter either. And I'm not sure if a single rdf type is
needed for the former, but I do think we need to distinguish them

Grahame
On Wednesday, March 25, 2015, Claude Nanjo <cnanjo.mailinglist@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Grahame,
>
> Could it not be as simple as:
>
>  GET [base]/[type]/[id], mime type : *some rdf mime type or non-rdf mime
> type*
>
> where the rdf mime type could be
> application/rdf+json
> application/rdf+xml
> application/x-turtle
> with the supported mime types being specified in the conformance profile
> for that server?
>
> Why would we need 'Application/fhir+rdf'? Are you thinking of a new
> representation unique to FHIR?
>
> Claude.
>
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Grahame Grieve <
> grahame@healthintersections.com.au
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','grahame@healthintersections.com.au');>>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't think that we could decide that servers SHALL do RDF
>> I had expected that we'd define an RDF format directly rather making it a
>> transform from one of the existing formats - but, in fact, if we have a
>> transform from one of the existing formats, it's just a question of who
>> runs the transform?
>>
>> OTOH, I had naively expected that you would request RDF by it's mime
>> type.... only, it's not so simple as that is it?
>>
>> I think that this is what we should do:
>>  GET [base]/[type]/[id], mime type : Application/fhir+rdf - the near form
>> of RDF, a statement of structure of a resource.
>>  GET [base]/[type]/[id]/$rdf, mimetype = x - the far form, a statement of
>> the known meaning of the content of the resource in some triple format
>>
>> Grahame
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 6:44 AM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','david@dbooth.org');>> wrote:
>>
>>> On today's teleconference some discussion arose around the intent behind
>>> requirement 14 as it pertains to our FHIR RDF work:
>>> http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ontology_
>>> Requirements#14._RDF_Quality
>>> [[