Re: Proposed RDF FHIR syntax feedback

I'm not sure that I undestand this discussion. Every Fhir structure
defintion and value set (and other definitional resource) already has an
IRI.- it's an inherent part of the design. So the IRI for the structural
definition of patient is http://hl7.org/FHIR/StructureDefinition/Patient.
All valuesets have a clearly defined IRI right in the valueset.

I don't understand why anything else is required. At least in terms of
linked data, I've always thought of FHIR as inherently linked data ready.

Operational data will be more of a challenge. The pseudo authoritative way
that identity is asserted without really thinking it through in most of the
linked data work I see is quickly exposed as wishful thinking for those of
us who deal with production healthcare data with its inherent
slipperiness. Still, we've done what we can - every FHIR resource has an
inherent IRI built right into it (if you know the server). The resource
address doesn't change, even If its not the same as the identity of the
thing it refers to.

So resource.id is the tail of the @id attribute for the resource from
json-ld. ResourceType is the same as @context, and if json-ld could infer
structure deeply, all we'd have to do is add @id (the full id), rename
resourceType to @context, and use the IRI for the resource instead of
its name (which is the tail anyway), then the FHIR format would be json-ld.
Well, if we also produced a json-ld format for the structure defintiion.
That, at least, looks like a fairly straight forward transform I could do
as part of publishing the spec.

However since it appears that json-ld doesn't dive into the type
definitions recursively, it seems as though a @context will be needed at
every level. The IRI for that is obvious too - [root]#path e,g.
Http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient#Patient.contact.identifier

Grahame