Re: Summary of today's teleconference: JSON-LD and FHIR Ontology requirements

Hi Paul,

I think the question comes down to whether the RDF instance can be
reconstituted exactly as it was from the JSON or XML syntax with no
external information added other than the resource and data type
information.  If it can, then no information is lost when converting RDF to
JSON XML.  If it can't, then information is being lost.  What kind of
information is lost is irrelevant.  If any information is lost, then that
means there's a price paid for conversion from RDF to a different form, and
that's not acceptable.  (That doesn't mean you can't do it, but it wouldn't
be considered a "conformant" FHIR instance.)

Lloyd

Lloyd McKenzie

+1-780-993-9501

Note: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions and positions
expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of my clients nor
those of the organizations with whom I hold governance positions.