Summary of HL7 RDF / W3C COI call

From: David Booth <david@dbooth.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 13:12:04 -0500
To: "its@lists.HL7.org" <its@lists.HL7.org>, "public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org >> w3c semweb HCLS" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Highlights from today's call:

  - We'll (initially) create a combined FHIR RDF and Validation and
Translation task force, meeting Mondays at 11am Boston timezone.
Details forthcoming.

  - David reviewed the possibility of using JSON-LD for FHIR.
http://dbooth.org/2015/fhir/json-ld/fhir-in-json-ld.pdf
It still needs more investigation to determine exactly what would need
to be changed in the existing FHIR JSON representation to make this work
well as JSON-LD.  David will investigate further.  Anyone interested in
helping should contact him.  Lloyd stressed that any FHIR JSON changes
should be made ASAP or they will be much harder to make later.

  - We'll draft a HL7 Project Scope Statement for FHIR RDF, to give it
the visibility it will need, and to enable it to be balloted later as an
HL7 DSTU.

Full meeting record:
http://www.w3.org/2015/02/24-hcls-minutes.html

David Booth