Re: Summary of HL7 RDF / W3C COI call: FHIR Ontology Requirements

Hi All,

Responding to Action # 2 carried during last call:

http://www.w3.org/2015/02/03-hcls-minutes.html#action02
<http://www.w3.org/2015/02/03-hcls-minutes.html#action02>

I would suggest the following wording for FHIR Ontology Requirement # 11
(http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ontology_Requirements#11._Enable_Inference
<http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ontology_Requirements>)

11. Enable Inference
(MUST) The FHIR ontology must enable OWL/RDFS inference with
monotonicity and open world assumption [1]
[1] http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~drummond/presentations/OWA.pdf
<http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/%7Edrummond/presentations/OWA.pdf>

Best regards,
Sajjad