Re: ACTION: Lloyd to ask James and Ewot about the underlying precision retention of xsd:decimal values

This particular conversation began around what we should do for RDF - which
then involved what was being done elsewhere.  One possibility is using
schema 1.1,  but there aren't many (any?) reasoners that support it.  Going
with string means we lose the ability to do math.  Splitting out precision
as another property is a third option.

*Lloyd McKenzie*, P.Eng.
Senior Consultant, Information Technology Services
Gevity Consulting Inc.

 E: lmckenzie@gevityinc.com
M: +1 587-334-1110 <1-587-334-1110>
W: gevityinc.com

*GEVITY**Informatics for a healthier world *

CONFIDENTIALITY – This communication is confidential and for the exclusive
use of its intended recipients. If you have received this communication by
error, please notify the sender and delete the message without copying or
disclosing it*.*

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions and positions
expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of my employer,
my clients nor the organizations with whom I hold governance positions