Re: [Update] [LLD] Dataset Description

On 02/09/2014 05:45 PM, w3.hcls@gmail.com wrote:
> Relevant docs:
> - Working draft of W3C Note:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zGQJ9bO_dSc8taINTNHdnjYEzUyYkbjglrcuUPuoITw/edit#heading=h.wyc73yp7c8jz

I notice that section 6.6.1 Core statistics shows this SPARQL query for
counting the number of triples:

   SELECT (COUNT(*) AS ?no) { ?s ?p ?o  }

However, I believe the SPARQL 1.1 standard allows duplicate triples and
duplicate query solutions by default.  If so, to get an accurate count
of the number of triples, the DISTINCT keyword must be used:

   SELECT (COUNT(DISTINCT *) AS ?no) { ?s ?p ?o  }

I'm copying Andy Seaborne to see if this is correct, since I could not
easily find this information in the SPARQL 1.1 spec when I did a quick
scan.   Andy, am I correct about this?

Thanks,
David