Re: License unknown

From: Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:51:59 -0400
To: Joachim Baran <joachim.baran@gmail.com>
Cc: Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, "M. Scott Marshall" <mscottmarshall@gmail.com>, "Eric Prud'hommeaux" <eric@w3.org>, "Gray, Alasdair J G" <A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk>, Jerven Bolleman <me@jerven.eu>, HCLS IG <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
     Hello,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Joachim Baran <joachim.baran@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 20 June 2014 12:41, Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   Also, makes me wonder why the EBI has not already been contacted and
>> the license determined? Is that because we didn't have the resources to do
>> so or because different end users might end up being granted different
>> licenses?
>>
>   That is my point exactly!
>

>   Even though the licensing information is not available, there is an
> indication where to obtain it from (here, in this example, EBI).

  Actually, my point is to first answer the question I asked.

  If not only you don't know the license, but you also don't know why you
don't know, it is indeed hard to say anything about the license.

  If all you want to say is who grants the license, you might want to
consider something like:

  ex:myData   ex:canBeLicensedForEndUseBy   ex:EBI

     Best,
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker