RE: Minutes of last week's (Dec 2) HL7 ITS RDF Subgroup / W3C HCLS COI call -- Review of FHIR ontology approaches (cont.)

Tim,
The reference was extremely useful and fits into one of the aspects under investigation which is how to declare the FHIR Schema and FHIR Profiles in RDF such that the constructed RDF instances are well formed and can be translated into FHIR XML. We need to go both ways not just FHIR to RDF.

Tony Mallia

From: Timothy W. Cook [mailto:tim@mlhim.org]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2014 1:44 AM
To: David Booth
Cc: rleif@rleif.com; Lloyd McKenzie; Vipul Kashyap; w3c semweb HCLS; HL7 ITS
Subject: Re: Minutes of last week's (Dec 2) HL7 ITS RDF Subgroup / W3C HCLS COI call -- Review of FHIR ontology approaches (cont.)

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 10:34 PM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org<mailto:david@dbooth.org>> wrote:
You might be able to extend XML that way, and it would be interesting to see what you could come up with, but if you went down that path I suspect you'd find at some point that you were ending up re-inventing RDF.

Thanks,
David Booth

​You may find this helpful: http://www.topquadrant.com/2011/09/29/living-in-the-xml-and-owl-world-comprehensive-transformations-of-xml-schemas-and-xml-data-to-rdfowl/

There are several journal publications​ available on the subject as well.

HTH,
Tim

Timothy Cook

MLHIM http://www.mlhim.org<http://www.mlhim.org/>