Re: Minutes of last week's (Dec 2) HL7 ITS RDF Subgroup / W3C HCLS COI call -- Review of FHIR ontology approaches (cont.)

Hi Tony,

Well, from a publication perspective, the RDF and OWL/etc. representation
of FHIR will become a core part of the FHIR specification and will not
include any v2, v3 or other aspects.

I think v3 is mostly done.  V2 will be particularly challenging because
there's little consistency in how instances are actually populated, so any
reliable semantic web stuff is going to be tough.  In any case, I don't
think the requirements for linking to other ontologies can or will change
how we represent content in FHIR as RDF.

Lloyd

Lloyd McKenzie

+1-780-993-9501

Note: Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions and positions
expressed in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect those of my clients nor
those of the organizations with whom I hold governance positions.