Rebecca Boyles_Introduction

From: Boyles, Rebecca (NIH/NIEHS) [E] <rebecca.boyles@nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 19:28:22 +0000
To: "public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>

By recommendation, I would like to introduce myself to the group.  I am a data scientist at the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences.  My background is in safety and risk assessment, which is how I came to the world of data management.

It is an interesting time to be working in the data management arena at NIH within the context of BD2K activities, and recent White House direction pushing science within the federal government.  That said, it is my personal opinion, that there is a lot to be learned by reaching out to the private section, academic researchers, and certainly other fields.  It is with the belief that a myopic view guarantees failure that I am eager to participate and contribute to the HCLS to the extent I am able.

Best,
Rebecca Boyles

image001.gif
(image/gif attachment: image001.gif)