Re: 'Variants' and Chromosome Modelling

From: Joachim Baran <joachim.baran@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 18:20:25 -0400
Cc: w3c semweb HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
To: Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com>

On 2013-03-21, at 6:00 PM, Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com> wrote:
> "instead of saying chrM it would have been solved by
> using http://my.lab.org/confidential/patientXXYYZZ/genome/sampleXX/ChrM/assemblyTTv43/VariantCalls5"
> In this way of thinking, I am not really interested in an assembly of ChrM for patient XXYZZ's sampleXX, and so Jerven URI to refer to that is not so useful.
> I guess I am surprised to see Jerven suggesting a URI in which the assembly is part of the ChrM rather than the other way round.
  I think the information in Jerven's example is an unordered tuple, so the hierarchy as it appears in the URI is not strict as such. In other words: parts of the URI can be swapped.

  Sorry, if this has been pointed out before, but is it not possible to reference the location via FALDO (https://github.com/JervenBolleman/FALDO)? In practical terms, I would create an individual with Jerven's URI, link that to one or more FALDO Region individuals, and then attach additional information to Jerven's URI as further properties.

Joachim