Re: Observations about facts in genomics

On 03/20/2013 06:15 PM, Jeremy J Carroll wrote:
> To me, that seems to lead us back to the earlier discussion
> (rathole?) about owl:sameAs
>
> Yes, we can model what we are doing at an arbitrary level of
> sophistication, but no, we may not want to.
>
> I tend to a view that there are diminishing returns in terms of
> levels of indirection here!

+1

This is part of the reason why, IMO, it is folly to judge RDF data in
terms of absolute truth.  The more relevant criterion is *usefulness*.
And that depends on the application: crude, simple data may be very
useful for many applications, even if it is useless to others because it
is "incorrect" (according to some notion of "incorrect").

David