Re: owl:sameAs - Is it used in a right way?

From: Graham Klyne <graham.klyne@zoo.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 09:02:33 +0000
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
CC: Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@gmail.com>, Alan Ruttenberg <alanruttenberg@gmail.com>, Jim McCusker <mccusj@rpi.edu>, Andrea Splendiani <andrea.splendiani@deri.org>, David Booth <david@dbooth.org>, Jeremy J Carroll <jjc@syapse.com>, Umutcan ŞİMŞEK <s.umutcan@gmail.com>, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>, w3c semweb HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
On 18/03/2013 04:16, Pat Hayes wrote:
> I know you can do the graph-as-context trick you describe, and you are not alone. This style of using RDF does however directly violate the RDF specifications, and so is not conformant. So there is a risk of your content being misused and misunderstood by RDF users who are unaware of your extra-RDF conventions for keeping contexts separate.

Hi Pat,

(I'd taken such usage to be undefined by rather than directly violating the RDF
specifications.)

But is it still OK to use the graph-as-context trick to allow that different
graphs are interpreted under interpretations with differing IEXT mappings (per
http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#interp)?

This is covered only in the formal parts, which I read as expressed with respect
to a particular graph and interpretation, so I *think* that would be OK.

#g