Re: owl:sameAs - Is it used in a right way?

On 3/15/13 2:02 PM, Umutcan ŞİMŞEK wrote:
> Thanks for the quick answer : )
>
> So this issue is that subjective for contexts which allows to use
> owl:sameAs to link resources  if they are not semantically even a
> little bit related in real world?

Of course not. The problem is that you come to a point where equivalence
claims are utterly blurred by context. It a semantic resolution kind of
thing.

The way I've always addressed this problem is by encouraging folks to
put this kinds of claims in dedicated named graphs. Then you have the
ability to negate or include. In addition, at least with Virtuoso (the
product I oversee), you can apply owl:sameAs reasoning conditionally.

Ultimately, this whole thing has to be "horses for courses" compliant :-)

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen