Re: Yosemite Manifesto on RDF as a Universal Healthcare Exchange Language

On 6/8/13 4:02 AM, Michael Brunnbauer wrote:
> Hello David,
>
> here is my contribution to the field:
>
> An Ontology for DICOM metadata (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine):
> http://purl.org/healthcarevocab/v1
>
> A tool to extract metadata from DICOM files as RDF:
> https://github.com/Bonubase/dicom2rdf
>
> Those will be presented in more detail at ODLS 2013:
> https://wiki.imise.uni-leipzig.de/Gruppen/OBML/Workshops/2013-ODLS-en
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael Brunnbauer

Michael,

If possible, could you add some rdfs:isDefinedby relations to this
ontology? Net effect, its much easier to explore using the
follow-your-nose pattern since the ontology URI enables the
viewer/explorer pivot back to common starting point.

I've slurped/sponged your ontology, and then applied why I am suggesting
to the URIBurner instance that we host. Net effects:

1.
<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fhealthcarevocab%2Fv1%23>
-- ontology description page
2.
<http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fhealthcarevocab%2Fv1%23AdditionalDrugSequence>
-- property description page showing the use of rdfs:isDefinedBy and
wdrs:describedby relations for pivoting.

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen