Re: Yosemite Manifesto on RDF as a Universal Healthcare Exchange Language

(David - correct me if I'm wrong here).

The emphasis of the health-care sessions at SemTech was on RDF to "*surface
your semantics*" (Charlie Mead's phrase), as one medium for *both data and
schema*.

No data arrangement is forced on you when you expose what you have. As
David said at SemTech, "RDF is schema-promiscuous". If you want to overlay
RIM-based ontologies, then that's for you as either consumer or publisher.

So the goal here is NOT to solve the world's semantic issues - it's to
surface them in an excellent "links and labels" medium. No more RRF, RF2,
XML this or that for data, CDA or otherwise vs a separate medium (UML) for
schemas - one medium, RDF, for everything. That alone is a great step
forward.