Re: Identifiers (was Notes from today's meeting)

On Tue, Jun 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Michel Dumontier <michel.dumontier@gmail.com
> wrote:

> The point here is simple. if you provide a URI uniprot:1.2.3.4, i would
> like to know that this is incorrect.
>
> m.

Yes, but the model needs to be good enough to tell you that. The model
discussed yesterday with
data item identifer regex pattern is not strong enough to do so. The void
uriRegexPattern might be good enough.

:x a void:Dataset ;
   void:uriRegexPattern "ec:[1-6].\d.\d.\d" , "uniprot:P\d{5}" .

But I am thinking that we can have stronger validation patterns if we think
a bit more.
e.g. can we think of something that can prevent.

uniprot:P12345 a up:Sequence .
sequence:P12345 a up:Protein .

And is a dataset description the right place for this validation data?

Regards,
Jerven

--
Jerven Bolleman