RE: Stanford-bound!

Congratulations, Michel!! Great place for clinical and translational research!

Simon

Simon Lin, MD | Director, Biomedical Informatics Research Center | Marshfield Clinic Research Foundation | 1000 N Oak Ave, Marshfield, WI 54449 | 715-221-7299 | Lin.Simon@mcrf.mfldclin.edu | www.marshfieldclinic.org/birc

From: Michel Dumontier [mailto:michel.dumontier@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 1:16 PM
To: HCLS
Subject: Stanford-bound!

Dear friends, colleagues and collaborators,

   I'm thrilled to announce that I've accepted an offer to join Stanford University as an Associate Professor in Biomedical Informatics - effective September 2013! Going to Stanford will offer some great new opportunities to work with core faculty (Mark Musen, Nigam Shah) and extended faculty, and also provide new avenues for academic, government and industry collaboration inside and out of the W3C HCLSIG, particularly in the area of clinical and translational research. In fact, if you are using or are contemplating using Bio2RDF linked data, or are interested in leveraging our SIO-based semantic integration of Bio2RDF and SADI semantic web services, or would like to pursue investigations into the molecular basis of genetic variance and disease, I'd very much like to discuss how we might jointly propel our mutual research interests to the next level.

  Cheers!

m.

--
Michel Dumontier
Associate Professor of Bioinformatics, Carleton University

The contents of this message may contain private, protected and/or privileged information.  If you received this message in error, you should destroy the e-mail message and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained within.  Please contact the sender and advise of the erroneous delivery by return e-mail or telephone.  Thank you for your cooperation.