Fwd: understanding the user experience of ontologies

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: PAUL WARREN <paul.w.warren@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Subject: understanding the user experience of ontologies
To: "okfn-en@lists.okfn.org" <okfn-en@lists.okfn.org>,
"ok-scotland@lists.okfn.org" <ok-scotland@lists.okfn.org>,
"okfn-nl@lists.okfn.org" <okfn-nl@lists.okfn.org>,
"semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>

There is a need to understand better how people use ontologies and how
they can be helped to use them more effectively.

I am asking for 10 minutes of your time to help gain an enhanced
insight into how people use ontologies in real applications, the
problems they experience, and the scope for improvement in tools and
methodologies.  The survey linked to here is designed to gather
necessary information to create that enhanced insight.

Completing the survey will take about 10 mins; it is hoped that it
will be completed by as many as possible of those who use ontologies.
The results will be made available in the public domain, with all
information anonymised and confidentiality maintained.  Anyone who
provides an email address as part of the survey response will be sent
the survey results.

More information is provided on the survey pages.

Many thanks for your help; I believe it will provide valuable insight
to enhance the state-of-the-art in the use of ontologies,

Paul Warren
Knowledge Media Institute
Open University, U.K.

--