Linked IDMP similar to Linked SPL?

From: Kerstin Forsberg <kerstin.l.forsberg@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 16:25:27 +0200
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Hi,
I came to think of Richard Boyce's nice presentation recently on Linked SPL
1) when I studying ISO's / HL7's standards for Identification of Medicinal
Products (IMPD) 2).

For me the IDMP's data elements and controlled vocabularies looks like a
perfect case for semantic web standards and linked data principles.

Do anyone know of any work on this?

Kind Regards
Kerstin

1)
Linked Structured Product Labels (LinkedSPLs) - Towards a reference linked
data source for drug product labeling
http://www.slideshare.net/boycer/linkedsplsinitialhclspresentation06082012
LinkedSPL on the Data Hub
http://thedatahub.org/dataset/linked-structured-product-labels

2)
Overview of IDMP
http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/document_library/Presentation/2009/11/WC500010539.pdf
Draft version of one of the ISO standards for IDMP 11615: Data elements and
structures for unique identification and exchange of regulated medicinal
product information
http://www.cdisc.org/stuff/contentmgr/files/0/b053c8e80cfda213414f6b00e4e49951/files/iso_dis_11615_reg_medicinal_product_info.pdf