RE: Reminder: Linked Life Data telco on Emerging Practices Note 11AM ET / 5PM CET today

hi all,

look forward to the call.

(from intro to http://www.w3.org/TR/2012/REC-r2rml-20120927/)

'Processors could, for example, offer a virtual SPARQL endpoint over the
mapped relational data, or generate RDF dumps, or offer a Linked Data
interface.'

i'm pretty sure i understand the concept of 'linked data' well enough but
i keep seeing a 'linked data interface' and as a software engineer i keep
looking for the API definition of that.  but in poking around a bit more,
is it correct to assume that whenever 'linked data interface' is talked
about, it means 'go ahead and implement a custom web application to view
linked data'?  i've probably been being dense.

thanks,
michael

Michael Miller
Software Engineer