Re: Reminder: SysBio Wednesday 11AM ET / 4PM GMT / 5PM CET

Hi All,,

I'm sorry I couldn't make the call. Sounds like one I would have enjoyed.

Re: that 'chasm' between 'traditional systems biology' and the semantic approach - i know it well.  there is a 'chasm' within the 'traditional system's biology approach' that doesn't get spoken about (for example - i consider neural systems to be part of systems biology, an define systems biology in a broad way" -

I've copied Yuexhang (George) Xiao to this list. I'm George's advisor - George has been working on taking my neural systems models of the dynamics of treatment response for major depression (i.e. systems bio; the model is a system of differential equations) and is working on how to move it across that chasm to the semantic space.

It looks like Mark captured the discussion (thank you!) and I'm happy to offer a use case, a good amount of background and knowledge across the spectrum, some tools, etc.

The project is described here:

http://tw.rpi.edu/web/project/SEMMDD

Thoughts?

Joannne