From: Susan Davies <sdd@ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:sdd@ecs.soton.ac.uk>>
Date: May 14, 2012 10:26:01 AM EDT
To: "'webscience-announce@ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:'webscience-announce@ecs.soton.ac.uk>'" <webscience-announce@ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:webscience-announce@ecs.soton.ac.uk>>
Subject: [webscience-announce] Health @ ACM Web Science Conference 2012

***APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTINGS***

==

*HWSW2012 - CALL FOR PAPERS*

2nd Health Web Science Workshop
A workshop at Web Science 2012.
Friday June 22, 2012, Evanston, IL, USA, Next to Chicago on the shores of Lake Michigan http://www.websci12.org/ http://www.unbsj.ca/sase/csas/data/hwsw2012/

*Keynote Speaker*
ACTION-ABLE PERSONALIZED HEALTH INFORMATION ON THE WEB
- Dr. Mark Wilkinson, Isaac Peral Distinguished Researcher, Polytechnic University of Madrid, and Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia.

*Important Dates*
Paper submission - June 10
Acceptance notification - June 15
HWSW2012 workshop - June 22

*Workshop Themes*
- Engaging individuals in services provided via the web.
- Personalization of Health Applications and data input via the web.
- Engaging communities in services and as communities on the web.
- Health Web Services and Semantics.
- Techniques for measuring healthcare quality.
- Future directions of Health services using the Web
- Health Web Applications
- Health Web Challenges

*Submissions*
We invite workshop papers (3000 words / 8 pages) and demonstrations.
Manuscripts should be focused around a specific challenge with a HEALTH context where they suggest a solution, demonstrate feasibility and possibly also a meaningful evaluation.

Pre-submission enquiries may be made to the workshop organisers Submissions should be uploaded to Easychair:
http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=websci12ws

*Journal Special Issue*
http://www.unbsj.ca/sase/csas/data/hwsw2012/sic.html

* Workshop Organizers / Special Issue Editors* Prof. Grant Cumming - MBChB, MD, MRCOG. Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist NHS, UK,

Dr. Joanne S. Luciano - Tetherless World Constellation, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA

Associate Prof. Dr. Christopher J.O. Baker - Innovatia Research Chair, University of New Brunswick. Canada

Dr. Erik Cambria - Temasek Laboratories, National University of Singapore, Singapore

--
Christopher J. O. Baker Ph. D.
Associate Professor