From: Vladimir Mironov [mailto:vladimir.n.mironov@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 3/15/2012 12:05
To: Michel Dumontier
Cc: w3c semweb hcls
Subject: Re: HCLS - visualization task force?

Hi Michel,

we (Semantic System Biology group) are potentially interested in this
initiative.
More specifically, we could contribute to:
- requirements
- deployment
- evaluation.

Also of potential interest might be the visualizer OLSVis (
http://ols.wordvis.com/) developed by a post-doc in our group
(Steven Vercruysse) for browsing complex networks.

Cheers,
Vladimir

On 13 March 2012 17:15, Michel Dumontier <michel.dumontier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>   At today's HCLS Life Sciences Forum (see minutes [1]) we had Alex Garcia
> present on the topic of RDF visualization, indeed important for the whole
> of the HCLS community. In addition to a Semantic Web Journal review article
> [2], is anybody aware of comprehensive lists of use-cases for human
> computer interaction with semantic web data (e.g. browse, search, query,
> discovery)?
>
>   Second, I would like to gauge the interest of our community in
> visualization, and whether it would be worthwhile to set up a task force
> around HCLS visualization (use cases, requirements, tools and technologies,
> collaborative development, deployment, evaluation). Please reply indicating
> your interest.
>
> Cheers!
>
> m.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2012/03/13-HCLS-minutes.html
> [2] http://iospress.metapress.com/content/2822p340453463g1
>

> --
> Michel Dumontier
> Associate Professor of Bioinformatics, Carleton University
> Visiting Associate Professor, Stanford University
> Chair, W3C Semantic Web for Health Care and the Life Sciences Interest
> Group
> http://dumontierlab.com

Elsevier B.V. Registered Office: Radarweg 29, 1043 NX Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Registration No. 33156677 (The Netherlands)