Re: HCLS - visualization task force?

>> As some of you know, we're already heading down this path in the C-BRASS
"personalized medicine" project (which ends in 2 weeks), as well as with
some visualization tools for SADI/SHARE.  Hopefully we'll have something to
show everyone in a few days/weeks!

Those are exciting news, Mark!
I tend to agree with the dual-approach

SPARQL gives us a table-like view of the data that can be easily plugged
into existing visualization techniques (not to mention a neat way of
filtering and ranking the results according to some criteria, e.g. "only
want to see proteins/genes that are mis-regulated in cancer and whose
binding site can bind to drug X and rank them by their toxicity in human
cell lines").

but RDF based visualizations can make obvious links that were not obvious
before looking at the data in a graph-based visualization (granted we do a
significant amount of filtering of our data in order to remove the "noise"
that RDF based datasets too often throw at us).

Best,
Lena

--
Helena F. Deus