Re: Fwd: HCLS IG Note on mapping and publishing life sciences RDF

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:17 PM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 21:16 +0100, M. Scott Marshall wrote:
> [ . . . ]
>> IG Note (Draft) HCLS IG Note on mapping and publishing life sciences RDF
>> [1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XzdsjCfPylcyOoNtDfAgz15HwRdCD-0e0ixh21_U0y0/edit?hl=en_US
>
> Nice work on this!  A couple of small editorial suggestions:

Thanks for the encouragement from you and Erich.

About the use of a priori , a posteriori - I will mull that over. I
was pretty happy with the way it seemed to communicate our thoughts, a
little attached actually.. :(

> 2. The intro mentions that "a query for Homo sapiens gene label "Alg2"
> in Entrez Gene (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene) returns multiple
> results. Among them is one gene located in chromosome 5 (Entrez
> ID:85365) and the other in chromosome 9 (Entrez ID:313231), each with
> multiple aliases".  But the results that I see show ID:85365 as the ID
> for the one on chromosome 9, and the other one (maybe?) has ID 10016:
> http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gene?term=Alg2[sym]%20homo%20sapiens

Oops! Thanks for catching that. We had corrected id mixup in the
article but forgot to correct it in the note.

Thanks!,
Scott