Re: HCLS - visualization task force?

Dear all,

Apology that I missed today's presentation due to conflicting engagement.

I believe that we have had strong demonstration that LOD is right way to
go for data sharing and open access. But for HCLS, we still have way to
go to prove its efficiency for supporting data analysis kind of tasks.
And effective data visualization is a must towards this goal!

Although I have also been one benefiting from reusing existing
visualization tools for presenting SW data, I am also a strong believer
on customized tools and presentations. A lot of existing tools could be
too generic to be useful for HCLS data and use cases particularly.

I've been using various js libraries and Google APIs to build heatmap
kind of visualizations for gene expression data, to assist biologist to
identify tissue-specific genes [1]. Everything underneath is SW
technology powered. This same framework has been used by the LODD task
in 2009's triplication challenge.

I'll be happy to join force building useful visualizations of hcls data
based on constructive use cases. So count me in!

[1]
http://www.open-biomed.org.uk/flykit/src/app/gene-expression-by-gene-batch/

-- Jun