Re: Minutes from BioRDF/LODD telcon Monday 06/12/2012

From: Kerstin Forsberg <kerstin.l.forsberg@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:02:26 +0200
To: rdb20@pitt.edu, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
> 2012/6/14 Richard Boyce <rdb20@pitt.edu>
>

>> Rich Boyce (University of Pittsburgh) presented "LinkedSPLs - a
>> dynamically updated and comprehensive linked data node for US drug package
>> inserts"
>>
>> Link to his slides: <http://www.slideshare.net/**boycer/**
>> linkedsplsinitialhclspresentat**ion06082012<http://www.slideshare.net/boycer/linkedsplsinitialhclspresentation06082012>

Excellent work you done to "retrospectively" link up the SPL content

When do you think we can hope for a more prospective approach? That is,
when FDA's and EMEA's regulatory submissions, i.e. SPL/PIM (labels) and
eCTD (studies), will move on and request RDF & URI:s instead of XML, for
all (or parts of)  the content from the source (i.e from pharmas)?

I was also chatting the other day with the author of this blog post on
another FDA source:
http://semantically-challenged.blogspot.se/2010/02/fda-electronic-orange-book-in-rdf.html

I try to push for this in the public via my interactions with CDISC 1),
in comments on blogs 2) etc. and internally by for example providing
information management strategy input to our representatives in PhRMA's so
called "PDUFA V IT LD-KIT".

Regards
Kerstin Forsberg
@kerfors