bind results

From: Helena Deus <helenadeus@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 18:29:00 +0200
To: bio2rdf <bio2rdf@googlegroups.com>, W3C HCLSIG hcls <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Hi there,

I am running the following query in BIND through federated query:

select *
where {

SERVICE <http://bind.bio2rdf.org/sparql> {
?protein1 <http://bio2rdf.org/ns/bio2rdf#xGI> ?protein2 .
?protein1 a <http://bio2rdf.org/ns/bind:MolType-protein> .
 ?protein2  a <http://bio2rdf.org/ns/bind:MolType-protein> .
filter ( ?protein1 !=  ?protein2 )

This strange list of "protein associations" does not seem to make sense;

Some of these associations, e.g.
<http://bio2rdf.org/gi:9606> <http://bio2rdf.org/gi:33589859>

Appear to come from the BIND raw file "BDB_cid.txt
5.72 MB ) Mapping between BindingDB monomerid and PubChem cid"
Which would mean that gi:9609 is a monomer and gi:33589859 is a pubchem
cid, which is a compound (in this case, it goes by the very long name
of tetra-O-benzyl-d-mannitol
deriv. 1jj, D-Mannitol,

So, I think that a whole bunch of identifiers appear to be misclassified...
Unless I am missing something...

Any help with be greatly appreciated!
Helena F. Deus
Post-Doctoral Researcher at DERI/NUIG