NIH Public Access Policy IN DANGER???!!!

From: M. Scott Marshall <mscottmarshall@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 01:29:44 +0100
To: HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Lately, it seems that we have to protest constantly with the hope that
not *everything* that is good in the world is quietly legislated away.
Ok, I'm exaggerating. But still.. a Bob Marley tune comes to mind.

See http://www.michaeleisen.org/blog/?p=807#comment-52048  [thanks to
Hilmar Lapp https://plus.google.com/u/0/117016856028818567812]

Apparently, the NIH Public Access Policy which provide many of us
'open data' folks encouragement to continue hammering away for the
advancement of science is _under threat_. Just a passing cloud? I hope
so.

Note: I do not expect our esteemed HCLS colleagues from Elsevier to
explain that they didn't dream up the bill. This-kind-of-stuff
happens. And it is certainly not their fault. I suppose that it only
makes their work more difficult.

A related post: http://boingboing.net/2012/01/10/lockdown.html
[thanks to Danny Ayers for sharing this
https://plus.google.com/u/0/112609322932428633493]

Ok, I have to go G+, facebook and twitter about this stuff. Somebody
have an app that let's me do all that at one time?

Cheers,
Scott

n.b. Google+ apparently doesn't let me point to the actual post from
Danny Ayers if he is sharing it from Brian Wisti. Must have something
to do with the 'View Ripples' feature (very nice).