Fwd: [bioportal-announce] NCBO Hackathon - March 26-27 at Stanford University

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Trish Whetzel <whetzel@stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 1:05 AM
Subject: [bioportal-announce] NCBO Hackathon - March 26-27 at Stanford
University
To: announce@bioontology.org, ncbo-publictalks@lists.stanford.edu

NCBO Hackathon

Date: March 26-27, 2012

Location: Stanford University, California, USA

Price: $25 until March 5 and then $75 afterwards

Do you have a task in biomedical or clinical informatics that will
benefit from the use of ontologies or ontology-based technology? Want
to brainstorm application design and development questions? Want help
incorporating the NCBO Web services into your application?

Join us for the first-ever NCBO Hackathon. This event will include two
days of intensive hands-on sessions to facilitate the development of
applications using NCBO Web services. We will devote extensive time to
your software development project and will have presentations covering
a range of topics from application design to coding. You will:

Learn to use the suite of NCBO Web services and how others have used
these services to build applications. Web services covered include
ontology access, search, mappings, term proposals, text annotation,
and ontology-based search and mining of biomedical resources
Brainstorm ideas for applications
Discuss application problems and solutions with users from other projects
Hear about the design of our RDF triple store and learn how to access
the triple-store directly from your application using the SPARQL query
language

HOW DO I REGISTER?
You can register HERE. Spots are limited so register ASAP.

WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
Just bring your laptop. We will provide food.

HOW DO I GET THERE?
The Hackathon will take place at the Medical School Office Building at
Stanford University.

Directions
Local accommodations

Trish Whetzel, PhD