Re: [Ops-ttf] Fwd: DrugBank not available?

Thanks for the link. Great to see you using VoID to describe the data.

I'd argue for having a triple capturing the explicit version number of the DrugBank dataset using a triple like the following. My reason is that we encountered a lot of problems in Open PHACTS tracing what versions of datasets were being used when the only information we had to go on was the conversion date.
<http://bio2rdf.org/bio2rdf_dataset:drugbank> <http://purl.org/pav/version> "3.0" .

I note that you describe both the RDF version of DrugBank and the original DrugBank data as a void:Dataset. My understanding of the class definition is that the dataset should be captured in RDF [1]. For this reason, in our Open PHACTS work we would tend to use the dctype:Dataset class to define the original DrugBank data [2].

Alasdair

[1] http://vocab.deri.ie/void#Dataset
[2] http://dublincore.org/documents/2012/06/14/dcmi-terms/?v=dcmitype#Dataset

On 12 Dec 2012, at 10:40, Michel Dumontier <michel.dumontier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>   The parser works on the v3 XML files. We don't currently specify the source dataset at that level of detail - here's the link to the provenance:
>
> http://download.bio2rdf.org/release/2/drugbank/bio2rdf-drugbank-20121008.nt
>
> m.
>
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 4:53 AM, Alasdair J G Gray <A.Gray@cs.man.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is there a metadata description of the data set capturing this kind of information?
>

> --
> Michel Dumontier
> Associate Professor of Bioinformatics, Carleton University
> Chair, W3C Semantic Web for Health Care and the Life Sciences Interest Group
> http://dumontierlab.com

Dr Alasdair J G Gray
Research Associate
Alasdair.Gray@manchester.ac.uk