Tuesday meetings -- the semantics of "Reminder" vs "Confirmation"

From: Mead, Charlie (NIH/NCI) [C] <meadch@mail.nih.gov>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:33:58 -0400
To: "public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org" <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
CC: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, Michel Dumontier <michel.dumontier@gmail.com>, "Bulusu, Vijay" <Vijay.Bulusu@pfizer.com>
All -

It appears that there is some confusion - and, as a result, we had a short discussion on today's "Tuesday HCLS call" - of the meaning - dare I say "the semantics -- of the terms Reminder vs Confirmation as those terms apply to the Tuesday 11am EDT HCLS calls.  It is my understanding that although I and the other HCLS CoChairs <<should>> send out a <<reminder>> about the meeting, the absence of a reminder - for whatever reason - is <<not>> a de facto <<cancellation>> of the meeting, i.e. the meetings do <<not>> require a formal <<confirmation>> to occur, and the absence of a reminder should not be interpreted as a cancellation.  They are on our respective calendars and unless a particular meeting is formally cancelled, it is assumed to be on, irrespective of whether the CoChair remembers/has the time to send out a formal reminder.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance -

charlie