Re: Telcon Schedule.... logistics

Great!
  Thanks Joanne  & Elgar for raising and solutioning this important issue.
  I updated the HCLS forum calls, PGx and CDS task calls with the notices.
Looking forward to regular calls :)

Cheers!

m.

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 5:10 PM, M. Scott Marshall <mscottmarshall@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I updated the Linked Life (BioRDF / LODD) and Terminology telcons.
> This list should now get the 1 day and 1 hour reminders for those
> calls. I noticed that someone had done something with Pharmacogenomics
> (someone answered yes to "Send invitation to guests?") which required
> permission to archive the messages on W3C websites and gave
> permission.
>
> A few other telcons remain for updating. The embedded calendar on the
> wiki would also be nice.
>
> Cheers,
> Scott
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:55 PM, M. Scott Marshall
> <mscottmarshall@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Elgar,
> >
> > Excellent suggestions! Google calendar is very useful and works on the
> > Web - no software license or installation required. I use it all the
> > time. As you probably were aware, we have officially used GoogleCal in
> > HCLS starting with the last charter.
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM, Elgar Pichler <elgar.pichler@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >> I personally am a fan of Google Calendar, and all the problems
> described in
> >> this thread could be solved with it. Why not
> >>
> >> Task and HCLS chairs should set up the proper recurring events on Google
> >> Calendar.
> >> Explicitly set the time zone for those events.
> >
> > This much had already been done. Time is anchored in Boston and shows
> > up according to local time in calendar settings (for me, properly
> > translated to CET). Task force leads and HCLS chairs have the
> > password.
> >
> >> Then explicitly invite "public-semweb-lifesci hcls"
> >> <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org> to each recurring event.
> >> Add reminders for 1d and 1h prior to event (or set those 2 reminders as
> >> default for the HCLS calendar overall).
> >
> > ==> Very good suggestions. Whoever gets around to it first, please
> > post to the list.
> >
> >> Change the agenda for the single events as needed, or cancel a single
> event
> >> if the meeting is off.
> >
> > I have been responsible for the LODD, BioRDF, and Terminology events,
> > occasionally correcting the calendar to match e-mail announcements for
> > other calls as a courtesy. I haven't had time to nag others to do the
> > same though. :)
> >
> >> Doing that will insure that
> >>
> >> the event/agenda is up to date
> >> time zone differences will be handled automatically
> >> event updates and cancellations will be sent to
> >> the <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org> list
> >> reminders will be sent automatically to the <
> public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
> >> list
> >> (Google) users who poll the HCLS calendar will always get the correct
> and
> >> most up to date events on their calendar, at the correct time slot.
> >>
> >> That doesn't take care of the wiki yet, but maybe we could do a Google
> [...]

Associate Professor of Bioinformatics, Carleton University
http://dumontierlab.com