Re: Telcon Schedule.... logistics

Hi Michel,

On Apr 19, 2012, at 1:24 PM, Michel Dumontier wrote:

> Hi!
>   Each call has a reserved time slot, but the reminders are the official declaration that a meeting will happen.

This means that the default is to not have the meeting and people won't know for sure until the day before.  I'd like to think we can do better than that.

> Task and HCLS chairs should prepare and send out the agenda no later than the day prior (and preferably a week before).

>   I have to apologize, as I have been traveling extensively in April to far flung places in Canada with poor Internet.  I'll be resuming my regular calls as of May 1.

No problem, but if we know in advance helps us work together as a an efficient and effective team.

I propose that if the meeting is setup with a regular time that the default is that takes place, and then it makes sense that a reminder is sent out the day before ("reminder" rather than "announcement")
And that's a good time for the reminder to go out.

If a meeting is NOT going to happen, that should be known in advance - presumably can be decided/determined at the end of the previous call - the participants can decide if the next regularly scheduled time is good or too soon for the next steps to be undertaken.

And the HCLSIG wiki could be updated with an accurate date for the next meeting.  If it's not going to be maintained, then it shouldn't be on the website.  It could be replaced with an indication to contact the task leader. (but i think it's preferable to have the website correct and up-to-date)

(my 2 cents)