Re: Fwd: [bioportal-announce] BioPortal 3.7 Released

Hi Kingsley,
  Ya, at the NCBO hackathon i tried a variety of tools with the NCBO SPARQL
endpoint, and the addition of the api_key=x parameter in the SPARQL URL
wasn't always welcome (e.g. Relfinder would automatically append a '?' to
whatever you put as a URL), but others like SILK either accept the extended
URL or have an explicit parameter field.
  So, with the webid - do you have examples where this can be used
programmatically (e.g. with a perl/java/php script)? You see, there's no
need for the apikey if you use their interface.

m.

On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>wrote:

> On 4/13/12 4:13 PM, M. Scott Marshall wrote:
>
>> Looks like you found it. For others interested, it can be found as a
>> New Account link on this page:
>> http://www.bioontology.org/**wiki/index.php/SPARQL_**BioPortal<http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/SPARQL_BioPortal>
>>

> I do have a concern though, when writing SPARQL-FED I now have to figure
> out URL patterns for every SPARQL endpoint that does this. Why hasn't this
> been presented to the SPARQL group as a potential tweak of the SPARQL
> protocol? In addition, if you adopt WebID as an authentication mechanism
> you won't even have this problem at all i.e., no spec changes to SPARQL, it
> will just work, and you can control or track usage of the endpoint.
>
> Link:
>
> 1. http://www.openlinksw.com/**dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/**
> VirtAuthFOAFSSLACL<http://www.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtAuthFOAFSSLACL>-- example of WebID protecting a SPARQL endpoint
>

> Kingsley
>

>> -Scott
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Kingsley Idehen
>> <kidehen@openlinksw.com>  wrote:

>>> Okay!
>>>
>>> Found the API Key following account creation.
>>>
>>> Link: http://bioportal.bioontology.**org/accounts/new<http://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new>.
>>>
>>> Kingsley
>>>
>>>  On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 10:33 PM, Kingsley Idehen

Michel Dumontier
Associate Professor of Bioinformatics, Carleton University
http://dumontierlab.com