From: Michael Miller [mailto:Michael.Miller@systemsbiology.org]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 11:17 AM
To: Mork, Peter D.S.; HCLS IG
Subject: RE: How much does data integration cost ?

hi all,

peter, nice article, it matches well my experience.

one thing to note is that, in this context, that the mapping is
(hopefully) a one shot deal that then can be used into the future without
much change, e.g. the bio* efforts that map to sequence database records.
also if one has a standard target that everything is mapped to, this also
helps.  my experience was mapping third party gene expression experiments
(data and annotation) to MAGE-ML.  then there was a standard mapping that
didn't have to change from MAGE-ML to our Rosetta Resolver application
which provided the UI.

cheers,
michael