RE: [BioRDF] W3C Note on expression RDF

From: Michael Miller <Michael.Miller@systemsbiology.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 15:43:44 -0800
To: Chris Mungall <cjmungall@lbl.gov>, "M. Scott Marshall" <mscottmarshall@gmail.com>
Cc: expressionrdf@googlegroups.com, HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
hi all,

here's what i found as quantitation types from the TCGA MAGE files for next
gene seq from the DESCRIPTION.txt file (from

The .mirna.quantification.txt  data file describing summed expression for
each miRNA is as follows:

miRNA name

raw read count

reads per million miRNA reads

cross-mapped to other miRNA forms (Y or N)

The .isoform.quantification.txt data file describing every individual
sequence isoform observed is as follows:

miRNA name

alignment coordinates as <version>:<Chromosome>:<Start position>-<End

raw read count

reads per million miRNA reads

cross-mapped to other miRNA forms (Y or N)

region within miRNA

as the URL suggests, this is for miRNA but i imagine for IlluminaHiSeq with
any sample this would be typical.  it's likely to be true that each of the
sequencing technologies have specific quantitation types.