Re: HCLS chartering/next steps Thur 26 May

On Thu, 26 May 2011 06:55:07 -0700, Tim Clark
<twclark@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu> wrote:

> I would lose the solution-based Task Groups and reformulate them as
> problem-based.
>
> for example, BioRDF has been working on gene lists for transcriptomic
> experiments, we might recharter that Task Group to work on Genomic
> Experiments, for example, or whatever concept area the Task members like
> and is a logical step from what they are doing now, but with a PROBLEM
> FOCUS ... you see the point.

I agree with Tim 100% on this.  There are "subtle underlying benefits" to
this approach that I'm quite sensitive to at the moment.  In particular,
since many of us are academics, it is important to look "scientific", as
opposed to having the appearance of being engineers or software
developers.  Centering the groups around problems puts us firmly back on
academic ground, and makes it easier for us to live our academic lives in
peace :-)  (and easier to get money from research-funding agencies)

Mark