Good news from the EBI Semantic Web Industry Workshop and LODD members

From: M. Scott Marshall <mscottmarshall@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 00:56:59 +0200
To: HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>, Michel_Dumontier <Michel_Dumontier@carleton.ca>, Matthias Samwald <samwald@gmx.at>, Oktie Hassanzadeh <oktie@cs.toronto.edu>, Anja Jentzsch <anja@anjeve.de>, Egon Willighagen <egon.willighagen@gmail.com>
Last week, Michel Dumontier, Matthias Samwald and I were invited to
speak at the EBI Semantic Web Industry Workshop. We each gave some
HCLS perspectives and heard many other very interesting talks from
industry representatives. Phil Brooks (Johnson & Johnson) gave an
excellent tutorial. TopBraid Composer was widely touted. A few
encouraging news items: Nicolas Le Novere told us that MIRIAM
identifiers will go to URIs (from URNs) and Jerven Bolleman told us
that Uniprot is getting a SPARQL endpoint for their RDF. There was a
strong pharma presence at the workshop.

Also, on the LODD front:

* Oktie Hassanzadeh has created a linkedct (linked version of
clinicaltrials.gov) that is updated nightly
* Anja Jentzsch is working on an update of several Berlin-hosted LODD data sets
* Egon Willighagen is updating the downloadable RDF version of ChEMBL
to version 9

Cheers,
Scott

--