TM conference call new attendee

Hello,

I am joining the TM call today and would like to introduce myself.  I
joined a call in May and spoke with Michel about participation
afterwards, but have not been able to attend since due to scheduling
conflicts.  I look forward to joining as often as possible.

As a bit of background:

My doctoral work was in the field of pharmacogenomics (wet lab work).  I
have since migrated through the fields of bioinformatics and medical
informatics.  I have been very active in the National Cancer Institute's
Cancer Biomedical Informatics Grid program, where I lead the Information
Representation Working Group and its development of the Life Sciences
Domain Analysis Model (LS DAM).  I am also the Director of the
Vocabulary Knowledge Center (VKC), which provides education and support
for the NCI semantic infrastructure.  Finally, I am co-lead of the
Ontology Network Resource (PHONT) for the Pharmacogenomics Research
Network (PGRN).

I am very interested in applying semantic web principles and
technologies (including standardized metadata, terminologies, and
ontologies) to the field of pharmacogenomics.  I am still learning about
semantic web technologies but I should know enough to follow the
discussion (I hope).

Thanks,
Bob

Robert R. Freimuth, Ph.D.
Associate Consultant
Division of Biomedical Statistics and Informatics
Assistant Professor of Medical Informatics
Director, caBIG Vocabulary Knowledge Center
E-mail: freimuth.robert@mayo.edu
Mayo Clinic
200 First Street SW
Rochester, MN 55905