OpenTox: mixing RDF with REST

From: Egon Willighagen <egon.willighagen@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:53:15 +0200
To: public-semweb-lifesci <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Hi all,

Nina Jeliazkova has posted her slides online on their involvement in
the EU FP7 project OpenTox where RDF and REST is used to provide
access to toxicology data and computing services. The slides show how
this multi-year project took shape, and discusses a number of
practical issue they ran into.

http://www.slideshare.net/jeliazkova_nina/seamless-and-uniform-access-to-chemical-data-and-tools-experience-gained-in-developing-the-open-tox-framework

This work was done by toxicologists. I have used the OpenTox API at
several occasions now, but I mention the slides here, because they
show not just the results, but also how they got there. This with best
practices in mind, though not limited here to making RDF data sets
available (though that is part of the deliverables).

Egon

--
Dr E.L. Willighagen
Postdoctoral Researcher