Re: Database versioning and maintenance

From: Jörg Kurt Wegner <joergkurtwegner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 10:55:26 +0200
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Peter, thanks.

I was looking at http://linkeddata.org and was wondering why I can't find a
'last update' date in the http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/lodcloud/ list?
Should this not be mandatory? Links is important, but misses the point if
they are constantly outdated. So, how big is the maintenance lag issue I
sense here?

I also would like to see rather update and alignment frameworks of RDF
sources like Bio2RDF than just a dump. A framework will always work and be
current, well a dump remains a dump and silo. Not sure what to do with this
now. For me as someone sitting between the community and the industry chairs
I have serious concerns right now of how sustainable the current strategy
is?

John Overington replied and confirmed that his group is working on a RDF,
which will potentially not enter the scene before the next release version,
since some parts of the schema might change. So, with all respect to other
version would I rather trust the version(s) of John's group, and wait till I
see them entering the scene.

Cheers,
Joerg
--