W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org > May 2010

Minutes from May 18 COI meeting

From: M. Scott Marshall <marshall@science.uva.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 17:28:39 -0700
Message-ID: <AANLkTikf-CqyFY6cwxP-aArNfGPN5I2WdYDs_j5IDRYt@mail.gmail.com>
To: HCLS <public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org>
Here are the minutes for Tuesday's COI teleconference. Thanks to
Joshua for scribing.     Cheers, Scott

Session Start: Tue May 18 08:00:49 2010
Session Ident: #hcls
[08:00] * Now talking in #hcls
[08:03] * Zakim has joined #hcls
[08:03] * RRSAgent has joined #hcls
[08:03] <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/05/18-hcls-irc
[08:04] * holger_stenzhorn has joined #hcls
[08:09] <mscottm> Joshua: effort in CDISC called SHARE - descriptions
of data elements
[08:11] <mscottm> Scott: Need to align efforts to describe data
resources/repositories in order to have a federation
[08:11] * Helen has joined #hcls
[08:12] <mscottm> Joshua: caBIG is creating descriptions of data
sources accompanied by UML models with references to the NCI Thesaurus
[08:12] <Helen> The wiki page on contradiction rules and proofs are here
[08:12] <Helen>
http://esw.w3.org/HCLS/ClinicalObservationsInteroperability/ContradictionRule#Detecting_Contradiction_in_Eligibility_Criteria_Using_Rules_and_Proofs
[08:12] <mscottm> Zakim, this is coi
[08:12] <Zakim> ok, mscottm; that matches SW_HCLS(COI)11:00AM
[08:12] <mscottm> Zakim, who is here?
[08:12] <Zakim> On the phone I see +1.703.787.aaaa, mscottm, ??P17,
+1.519.888.aabb
[08:12] <Zakim> On IRC I see Helen, holger_stenzhorn, RRSAgent, Zakim,
mscottm, Joshua, trackbot, ericP
[08:13] <Helen>
http://esw.w3.org/HCLS/ClinicalObservationsInteroperability/ContradictionRule#Detecting_Contradiction_in_Eligibility_Criteria_Using_Rules_and_Proofs
[08:13] <holger_stenzhorn> zakim, ??P17 is holger_stenzhorn
[08:13] <Zakim> +holger_stenzhorn; got it
[08:15] * vipul has joined #hcls
[08:15] * csaba has joined #hcls
[08:15] <Zakim> + +1.860.226.aacc
[08:16] <mscottm> Joshua: setup a CentOS VM at Semantic Bits, Eric
accessed it but wasn't able to compile everything at that time but
installed an executable that worked with some small examples.
[08:16] <Zakim> +??P26
[08:17] <mscottm> ..working on linking scenario in BRIDG model to the
COI dataset, example: no hypertension represented in current COI
dataset
[08:17] <mscottm> ..link BRIDG to intermediate model, then to COI models
[08:18] <mscottm> ..similar to CDISC/SDTM to HL7/RIM in COI
[08:19] <mscottm> Helen: Eric did the tooling to bridge the models.
Jyoti did something with a SPARQL query - I will look that up.
[08:19] <Helen>
http://esw.w3.org/HCLS/ClinicalObservationsInteroperability/SPARQL8.html
[08:20] <mscottm> Vipul: Wasn't specifically HL7 RIM, but similar
[08:22] <vipul> Clinical Practice Ontology:
http://esw.w3.org/images/7/7d/HCLS%24%24ClinicalObservationsInteroperability%24ClinicalPractice-Ontology-Version4.owl
[08:22] <mscottm> Joshua: next step is BRIDG to DCM rules
[08:23] <vipul> Clinical Trials Ontology (SDTM based)
http://esw.w3.org/images/6/63/HCLS%24%24ClinicalObservationsInteroperability%24SDTM-Version4.owl
[08:23] <Helen> http://esw.w3.org/HCLS/ClinicalObservationsInteroperability
[08:24] <vipul> Clinical Practice Ontology Presentation Slides:
http://esw.w3.org/images/9/98/HCLS%24%24ClinicalObservationsInteroperability%24ClinicalPractice-Ontology-Version-3.ppt
[08:25] <vipul> Clinical Trials Ontology Presentation Slides:
http://esw.w3.org/images/e/e4/HCLS%24%24ClinicalObservationsInteroperability%24ClinicalTrials-Ontology-Version-2.ppt
[08:25] <Joshua> helen: interesting step would be to ask BCT.org for
more realistic rules
[08:25] <Joshua> helen: also looking at visualization
[08:30] <Joshua> helen: will elaborate rules to include anatomical
knowledge and procedures
[08:32] <Joshua> scott: it would be useful to consider how this
scenario could work with EHR data
[08:32] <Joshua> mscottm: how could we use TMO here?
[08:33] <Joshua> vipul: need to re-work existing content around EHR
and agrees we should use TMO
[08:34] <Joshua> vipul: suggests - get BRIDG-based approach working
first and then look at TMO
[08:34] <vipul> I agree with the EHR packaging idea
[08:34] <vipul> !
[08:36] <Joshua> mscottm: we should re-organize the site content to be
more unified and navigable across task forces
[08:38] <vipul> agreed!
[08:42] <Joshua> mscottm: we might be able to use the OpenVista SPARQL endpoint
[08:43] <mscottm> Conor Dowling's recent demo:
http://www.caregraf.org/veganvet/demo
[08:44] <vipul> Aviel Klausner, PhD from Intersystems
[08:45] <vipul> aviel@intersystems.com
[08:45] <Joshua> vipul: can someone invite these people to COI meetings?
[08:45] <Joshua> mscottm: will invite Conor Dowling
[08:46] <Joshua> vipul: will invite Aviel Klausner
[08:46] <Joshua> vipul: has worked to involve Ken Beutow
[08:46] <Joshua> s/Beutow/Buetow/g
[08:49] <Joshua> Joshua: will coordinate with Elly Cohen
[08:49] <Joshua> Helen: Joshua and Helen will work together on the
next tcon to explore the BCT data.
[08:50] <Joshua> Helen: who will clean up the HCLS web site?
[08:51] <Joshua> mscottm: let's shelve it for later
[08:51] <Zakim> -holger_stenzhorn
[08:51] <Zakim> -??P26
[08:51] <Zakim> - +1.519.888.aabb
[08:51] <Zakim> - +1.703.787.aaaa
[08:51] <Zakim> -mscottm
[08:51] * Joshua has quit IRC (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
[08:51] <Zakim> - +1.860.226.aacc
[08:51] <Zakim> SW_HCLS(COI)11:00AM has ended
[08:51] <Zakim> Attendees were +1.703.787.aaaa, mscottm,
+1.519.888.aabb, holger_stenzhorn, +1.860.226.aacc
[08:51] * vipul has quit IRC (Quit: Page closed)
[08:58] * csaba has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
[09:00] * Helen has quit IRC (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Received on Saturday, 22 May 2010 00:29:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 26 March 2013 18:00:58 GMT