Re: SKOS/Datasets

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:45:51 -0500
To: Ross Singer <rossfsinger@gmail.com>
CC: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, hans.cools@agfa.com, SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org, Rebecca S Guenther <rgue@loc.gov>
Ross Singer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:15 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
>> But you can use <link/> to guide user agents to associated RDF resources.
>>

> My point is that telling me to use a <link/> without any suggestion of
> what the href attribute should be or what an agent should expect from
> a URI that doesn't, as yet, have any RDF corollary isn't exactly
> helpful.
>
> If you have a suggestion of what the <link/> should point to, I'll put
> it into a TODO queue.
>
> -Ross.

It should point to an RDF document that is associated with the main HTML
document. Then user agents will find the associated RDF.

you can use rel="related" in the loosest of cases.

If the HTML page is about a Marc Code specifically, then you can use
rel="describedby".

All of the above are IANA listed relationship types.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President & CEO