Re: SKOS/Datasets

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:15:16 -0500
To: Ross Singer <rossfsinger@gmail.com>
CC: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, hans.cools@agfa.com, SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org, Rebecca S Guenther <rgue@loc.gov>
Ross Singer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>

>> Ross,
>>
>> Are you able to add a <link/> based reference to the master RDF resource
>> from <http://purl.org/NET/marccodes/> ?
>>

> I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for here (there is no RDF
> representation, currently, at that level), but suggestions and
> recommendations are welcome.

But you can use <link/> to guide user agents to associated RDF resources.
>> Also, please add a relation to your RDF doc that connects it to the entities
>> it describes. To demonstrate the point:
>>
>> 1.
>> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/marccodes.heroku.com/countries/aa
>> -- attempts to describe the RDF document, but it isn't in any relation re.
>> the triples it hosts
>> 2.
>> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri%5B%5D=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fabout%2Fid%2Fentity%2Fhttp%2Fmarccodes.heroku.com%2Fcountries%2Faa&
>>  -- Explores the RDF docs content
>>

> This is doable.  I have a "best practices" question, in return.  If
> the client requests the hash-URI, should this resource still be
> returned?
>   What is the preferred predicate in each direction?
> foaf:primaryTopic/foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf?

You will only be able to return the resource at the address part of the
URI. Thus, you can use a hash URI for the relation between the container
resource (the RDF doc) and the things it describes e.g.

Statement options:

@prefix : <http://xyz/code/x.rdf#> .
@prefix aa: <http://purl.org/NET/marccodes/gacs/e-aa#> .
@prefix wdrs: <http://www.w3.org/2007/05/powder-s#> .