Re: SKOS/Datasets

From: Ross Singer <rossfsinger@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:17:54 -0500
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: Bernard Vatant <bernard.vatant@mondeca.com>, hans.cools@agfa.com, SKOS <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org, Rebecca S Guenther <rgue@loc.gov>
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:59 AM, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> Ross,
>
> Are you able to add a <link/> based reference to the master RDF resource
> from <http://purl.org/NET/marccodes/> ?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for here (there is no RDF
representation, currently, at that level), but suggestions and
recommendations are welcome.

> Also, please add a relation to your RDF doc that connects it to the entities
> it describes. To demonstrate the point:
>
> 1.
> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/about/html/http/marccodes.heroku.com/countries/aa
> -- attempts to describe the RDF document, but it isn't in any relation re.
> the triples it hosts
> 2.
> http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/ode/?uri%5B%5D=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fabout%2Fid%2Fentity%2Fhttp%2Fmarccodes.heroku.com%2Fcountries%2Faa&
>  -- Explores the RDF docs content

This is doable.  I have a "best practices" question, in return.  If
the client requests the hash-URI, should this resource still be
returned?  What is the preferred predicate in each direction?
foaf:primaryTopic/foaf:isPrimaryTopicOf?

Thanks,
-Ross.